Green Spark Electrical & Solar are renowned for staffing electricians that Logan residents know will be punctual, professional and reasonably priced. When hiring a Green Spark electrician, Logan home and business owners can get all of their electrical and solar needs taken care of by the one company. Green Spark delivers a host of quality electrical services, from completing simple projects like adding new electrical outlets to a room or installing a solar power system, through to more complicated jobs such as fixing industrial machinery or conducting underground work.
Our electricians can also carry out power usage audits, and install electricity tracking devices and solar panels Logan wide. Call Green Spark today on 0414 352 982 to see what we can do for you!
“Electricity prices have risen quickly over recent years. Tariff 11 has risen from 14.05 cents per kilowatt hour in 2007 to 25.38 cents (plus GST) in 2014.” By investing in installing solar panels, Logan residents can counter these increases and reap financial rewards well into the future.
Like most areas of South East Queensland, Logan is fortunate enough to get a significant number of daylight hours almost every day of the year, and residents don’t need to purchase huge solar panel systems to create all the electricity their household will use. Even a small, well-positioned system will significantly offset or even entirely cover the average property’s electricity bill. When arranging a call out from a Green Spark electrician Logan homes and businesses can also request an energy use audit to find out what kind of solar power system is right for their home or business. The greater the initial investment, the greater the future financial benefits will be!
Solar panel installation is already very popular in Logan, with 25% of households already enjoying the renewable energy savings. 28,000 solar power systems Logan wide currently provide the city with 94 megawatts of electricity. That’s roughly one in eight Logan households keeping both their budgets and the environment on track with solar power!
Want to become one of them?
When you hire a Green Spark electrician to fit your home with solar panels you have two options:
1. For an immediate discount on your solar panel installation, allow us to calculate the lifetime STCs your solar panels will generate, then assign these over to us for a significant discount on the purchase of your system. For example, if STCs are valued at $40 each, and your 3kW solar power system is worth 62 STCs, you’ll be eligible to deduct $2480 from the cost of your system straight off of the bat.
2. Buy your system outright at the full price (including installation). You will then need to register your STCs, choose when you think you will get the best price for them, locate a buyer and sell them on your own. Most Green Spark customers opt to assign their STCs to us in exchange for an instant discount, as this is the most convenient, affordable option.
In Queensland, if your solar power system creates more energy than your property uses, you have the option of selling this excess electricity back to the network. Prior to June 2012, the state government paid 44 c/kWh for energy put back into the network. But this “Solar Bonus” scheme is now over, and the prices paid for excess power have dropped. This price drop is because the Queensland Government no longer pays for the electricity. Now the transaction is between you and your preferred electricity retailer. As the “feed-in tariff” has reduced significantly, it’s now more important than ever to make sure you do your homework before choosing an electricity retailer. For example, smaller electricity retailers like Click Energy pay up to 12c/kWh for power fed into the grid, while Origin Energy pays just 6c/kWh.
In addition to delivering the highest quality and most affordable solar power Logan can get, Green Spark’s electricians provide a complete range of domestic, business, and industrial electrical services.
Do you run a sports or leisure centre and want to cut back on costs when your facilities aren’t in use?
Are you new to Logan and want the help of an electrician you can trust around your house?
Does your small business have broken equipment that needs repairing before the downtime starts costing you too much?
Whatever your electrical problem, you can be sure that a Green Spark electrician will sort it out.
For a complete list of our services, see our Electric Services page.
If you’re eager to find more ways to cut your power bill down, our electricians have a variety of other services available to make your premises more energy efficient. Aside from saving by generating solar panels Logan customers can also cut costs by asking a Green Spark electrician to:
1) Improve the energy efficiency of electrical goods by introducing timers/sensors around their home or business, that turn appliances and equipment off when not in use and on at the times when electricity is the cheapest to use.
2) Service appliances that consume large amounts of electricity (such as air conditioners, pool filters, and hot water systems) to ensure they are running as efficiently as they possibly can.
3) Swap outdated electrical devices with modern, energy-saving technology. Replacing electrical goods doesn’t have to be as expensive as it sounds – just changing your regular light globes to LED lights that don’t consume as much power will rapidly reduce your bill.
4) Install an energy monitoring device in your property.
Whether you are a business person, homeowner or landlord, Green Spark has an electrician Logan property owners can count on.
We understand that emergencies don’t always happen in business hours, which is why we always have an electrician ready to help, no matter what time of day or night it is.
To arrange an energy saving appointment, provide us with some customer feedback, or get a quote for your job, get in touch with us today.