Solar Panels Logan
Green Spark Electrical & Solar are renowned for staffing electricians Logan residents know will be punctual, professional and reasonably priced. When hiring a Green Spark electrician Logan home and business owners can get all of their electrical and solar needs taken care of by the one company. Green Spark delivers a host of quality electrical services, from completing simple projects like adding new electrical outlets to a room or installing a solar power system, through to more complicated jobs such as fixing industrial machinery or conducting underground work.
Our electricians can also carry out power usage audits, and install electricity tracking devices and solar panels Logan wide. Call Green Spark today on 0414 352 982 to see what we can do for you!
What Is the Best Way to Reduce Logan Electricity Bills?
Logan is an area undergoing rapid expansion, and the more its electricity requirements grow, the higher the cost of electricity will be. According to the Logan City Council, “Electricity prices have risen quickly over recent years. Tariff 11 has risen from 14.05 cents per kilowatt hour in 2007 to 25.38 cents (plus GST) in 2014.” By investing in installing solar panels Logan residents can counter these increases and reap financial rewards well into the future.
Get A Quick QUOTE
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you asap!
Solar Power a Popular Choice for Logan
Solar panel installation is already very popular in Logan, with 25% of households already enjoying the renewable energy savings. 28,000 solar power systems Logan wide currently provide the city with 94 megawatts of electricity. That’s roughly one in eight Logan households keeping both their budgets and the environment on track with solar power!
What are the Government Incentives to Go Solar in Logan?
When considering installing solar power Logan locals can sometimes feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of solar panel installation companies on the market! Before you choose your installer, it’s best to spend a minute reading about how the national Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme works. The government offers solar panel owners financial incentives called “Small-Scale Technology Certificates” (STCs) to help reduce Australian’s reliance on the existing electricity network.
The way STCs work is simple: for every megawatt hour (MWh) of power your home or business’ approved system generates the government gives you one STC. STCs can be traded in for cash, but they do not have a fixed value. How much you get for selling them is determined by when you sell them and to whom. The bigger the solar panels Logan residents invest in, the more electricity they will generate, and the more STCs they will have to sell.
How Do I Get an Installation Discount?
When you hire a Green Spark electrician to fit your home with solar panels you have two options:
1. For an immediate discount on your solar panel installation, allow us to calculate the lifetime STCs your solar panels will generate, then assign these over to us for a significant discount on the purchase of your system. For example, if STCs are valued at $40 each, and your 3kW solar power system is worth 62 STCs, you’ll be eligible to deduct $2480 from the cost of your system straight off of the bat.
2. Buy your system outright at the full price (including installation). You will then need to register your STCs, choose when you think you will get the best price for them, locate a buyer and sell them on your own. Most Green Spark customers opt to assign their STCs to us in exchange for an instant discount, as this is the most convenient, affordable option.
Will Solar Panels Make Money?
In Queensland, if your solar power system creates more energy than your property uses, you have the option of selling this excess electricity back to the network. Prior to June 2012, the state government paid 44 c/kWh for energy put back into the network. But this “Solar Bonus” scheme is now over, and the prices paid for excess power have dropped. This price drop is because the Queensland Government no longer pays for the electricity. Now the transaction is between you and your preferred electricity retailer. As the “feed-in tariff” has reduced significantly, it’s now more important than ever to make sure you do your homework before choosing an electricity retailer. For example, smaller electricity retailers like Click Energy pay up to 12c/kWh for power fed into the grid, while Origin Energy pays just 6c/kWh.
What Other Services Do Green Spark Electricians Provide?
In addition to delivering the highest quality and most affordable solar power Logan can get, Green Spark’s electricians provide a complete range of domestic, business, and industrial electrical services.
Do you run a sports or leisure centre and want to cut back on costs when your facilities aren’t in use?
Are you new to Logan and want the help of an electrician you can trust around your house?
Does your small business have broken equipment that needs repairing before the downtime starts costing you too much?
Whatever your electrical problem, you can be sure that a Green Spark electrician will sort it out.
For a complete list of our services, see our Electrical Services page.
Other Green Spark Energy Saving Services
If you’re eager to find more ways to cut your power bill down, our electricians have a variety of other services available to make your premises more energy efficient. Aside from saving by generating solar panels Logan customers can also cut costs by asking a Green Spark electrician to:
- Improve the energy efficiency of electrical goods by introducing timers/sensors around their home or business, that turn appliances and equipment off when not in use and on at the times when electricity is the cheapest to use.
- Service appliances that consume large amounts of electricity (such as air conditioners, pool filters, and hot water systems) to ensure they are running as efficiently as they possibly can.
- Swap outdated electrical devices with modern, energy-saving technology. Replacing electrical goods doesn’t have to be as expensive as it sounds – just changing your regular light globes to LED lights that don’t consume as much power will rapidly reduce your bill.
- Install an energy monitoring device in your property.
With the price of electricity continually on the rise, you’ll quickly make the money you spend improving your household or business’ efficiency back on your electricity bill!
Contact Green Spark Today!
Whether you are a business person, homeowner or landlord, Green Spark has an electrician Logan property owners can count on.
We understand that emergencies don’t always happen in business hours, which is why we always have an electrician ready to help, no matter what time of day or night it is.
To arrange an energy saving appointment, provide us with some customer feedback, or get a quote for your job, get in touch with us today.
Contact Green Spark on 04 1435 2982 or just fill out our online enquiry form, and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible!